JPND Call for Working Groups on Longitudinal Cohort Studies
The EU Joint Programme - Neurodegenerative Disease Research (JPND) has launched a rapid action call for leading scientists in the field to establish working groups to enhance the use of existing longitudinal cohort studies for neurodegenerative disease research.
Funds available and form of support
Up to €450,000 in total will be available to fund Working Groups under this call, with each Working Group able to bid up to €50,000 for support of its activities, which are expected to run for a maximum of 6 months. As the Working Groups will be expected to deliver reports of wide applicability to the field of ND research, only one activity will be funded in any topic area. Funding will cover the costs of meetings and travel required to deliver the Working Groups' objectives.
Participating JPND countries
This is a transnational call and Working Groups can be comprised of members of any JPND-member country and beyond. However, the lead-coordinator of the Working Group should be based in one of the following countries that are contributing to this call:
• Denmark, Danish Strategic Research Council
• France, French National Research Agency
• Germany, Federal Ministry of Education and Research (pending final approval)
• Italy, Ministry of Health
• Luxemburg, National Research Fund
• The Netherlands, The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development
• Norway, The Research Council of Norway
• Sweden, The Swedish Research Council for Health, Working Life and Welfare
• United Kingdom, Medical Research Council
The proposal submission deadline for the call is 17:00 (GMT+1, Summer Time) on June 16th, 2014.