The EU coalition is an informal group of EU-wide organisations coming from different working areas related to long-term care : carers, mental health, care homes directors, service providers, research institute, local autorities, etc. The role of the EU coalition is to help feed the outcome of the project discussions in the relevant EU policy processes: reform of the Open Method of Coordination, debate on the European quality framework for Social Services of General Interest, debate on the creation of a single market for long-term care services and consumers’ protection, etc.
The EU coalition developed, with the support of the WeDO partners, an EU strategy for the wellbeing and dignity of older people.
The members of the EU coalition are:
- AGE Platform Europe (leader) - European network of around 165 organisations of and for people aged 50+ representing directly over 30 million older people in Europe. AGE is the coordinator of the WeDO project.
Contact person (project coordinator): Maude Luherne firstname.lastname@example.org
- EDE (leader) - Professional federation of directors/managers of Residential and Nursing Homes from all over Europe. Members in E.D.E. are organisations of home directors coming from 18 European countries and altogether there are 23 national associations.
- Eurocarers - European association working for carers and on informal care
- European Social Network (ESN)- Independent network for social services in Europe covering nearly 30 european countries
- EAHSA - European Association of Homes and Services for the Ageing
Other organisations already participated to one or several meetings of the EU coalition, i.e.:
- EPSU - Federation of more than 210 independent trade union organisations representing more than 8 millions workers in public services in Europe
- Alzheimer Europe - Non-profit organisation which aims to improve the care and treatment of Alzheimer patients through intensified collaboration between its member associations.
- Social Platform - The Platform of European Social NGOs
- European Disability Forum - Independent NGO that represents the interests of 80 million Europeans with disabilities
- European Centre for Social Welfare Policy and Research - UN-affiliated intergovernmental organization concerned with all aspects of social welfare policy and research
- AIM - Grouping of autonomous health insurance and social protection bodies operating according to the principles of solidarity and non-profit-making orientation
- Eurodiaconia - Federation of organisations, institutions and churches providing social and health services and education on a Christian value base in over 20 European countries.
- Mental Health Europe - Non governmental organisation working in the field of mental health