WeDO2 project events (2013-2015)
The WeDO2 project plans to organise 5 events during two years in different countries.
18-20 March 2014: 2nd meeting in Bonn
The partners discussed a first version of the train the trainer module, which then will be tested in the different countries' learning areas. The training module is based on reflecting on what is good care, how the EUSTaCEA Charter of the rights and responsibilities of older people in need of long-term care and the WeDO EU quality framework for long-term care services can contribute to it, and how concretely change can be implemented.
A study visit was organised to Cologne, where three organisations could introduce their work: the Seniors' network, the Federal Initiative Dementia Service of North Rhine Westphalia, and the organisation Dementia und Art.
Videos from the meeting are available here.
6-7 November 2013: Kick off meeting in Brussels
The meeting aimed at preparing the project activities and discuss a first of the train the trainer model.
WeDO project events (2010-2012)
The WeDO project planned to organise 3 main EU events during the project. The first one was in Utrecht, Netherlands, on 21 June 2011. The second was in Vienna, Austria, on 24 April 2012. The third and last one was in Brussels, on 14-15 november 2012.
15 November 2012 : Intercoalitions meeting
14 November 2012 - 14:00 – 17.30
Conference on the European Quality Framework for Long Term care
Principles and guidelines for the wellbeing and dignity of older people in need of care and assistance developed by the WeDO project
- Conference report
- Conference agenda
- Ordre du jour de la conférence (en français)
- Agenda (IT)
- Programm (DE)
- Presentation of examples of national strategies
- Maria Iglesia Gomez, Head of Unit, DG SANCO
- Kai Leichsenring, European Centre for Social Welfare and Research
- Robert Anderson, Eurofound and Eurocarers
Documents circulated during the event
- National strategies of the WeDO national coalitions
- EU strategy for the wellbeing and dignity of older people
2nd EU event in Vienna, 24 April 2012
Presentations from the event
- Heidemarie Haydari, Federal Ministry of Labour, Social Affairs and Consumer Protection - "The National Quality Certificate"
- Gerda Schmidt, Caritas Socialis Austria - 'The Ethical Residents' Conferences'
- Davor Dominkus, Director General of the Slovenian Ministry of Employment and Social Affairs and member of the Social Protection Committee
1st EU event in Utrecht, 21 June 2011
Presentations from the event
- Kai Leichsenring, European Center for Social Welfare Policy and Research - the INTERLINKS project
- Maude Luherne, WeDO Project coordinator - Feedbacks from the national coalition meetings
- Dörte Naumann, the German Charter of rights for people in need of long-term care
- Dominique Verté, the Belgian Ageing Studies