WeDO2 is the continuity of the WeDO project (2010-2012). It is cofinanced by the European Union programme Grundtvig.
All the project results are available here.
Started in September 2013, it lasted 2 years and involved 7 countries:
It is coordinated by the Vrije Universiteit Brussel (Liesbeth De Donder) and supported by the Gruntvig programme. The VUB developed among other activities the Belgian Ageing Studies, a project which seeks to monitor local challenges and opportunities, as well as issues of quality of life, among home-dwelling older people in order to provide tools for evidenced-based ageing policies at local level. More information here.
The VUB is supported by AGE Platform Europe to ensure the continuity with the WeDO project.
WeDO2 (or We do, too!) aims at ‘supporting the exchange of learning experiences and good practices between organisations working in the field of formal, non-formal or informal adult education (older people and/or informal carers' organisations, universities, training centers, service providers) to improve the ability of different stakeholders (older people, informal caregivers, service providers) to cooperate in planning and delivering long-term care services and so improve quality of life for older people in need of care and assistance.
Moreover, based on the existing European Quality framework for long-term care services developed in the WeDO project (2010-2012) it will seek to develop with a participatory approach new educational tools (an online train the trainer toolkit, learning areas where trainings will be tested) adapted to different groups (older people, informal carers, service providers).
The exchange of good practices, participatory approach, construction of the train-the-trainer toolkit, realisation of the innovative learning-areas and exploitation events will have a significant contribution for a durable activation and participation of different stakeholders in the process of ensuring quality long-term care.’
WeDO2 developped the following activities:
- Transnational meetings involving the developpers, trainers and learners
- Developpement of a train the trainer toolkit inspired from the WeDO project outcomes, for different target groups
- Development of learning areas (one in each country) where trainings were tested
- Update of the WeDO website (www.wedo-partnership.eu) with the WeDO2 project activities
The WeDO2 project aims at exchanging experiences and create a learning experience. To contribute to this, each transnational meeting is organised back to back with a study visit.
- Study visit n°1: Domaine de Rièze de de Sarts, Stay-together Home for older adults at Couvin (Belgium)
- Study visit n°2: Cologne initiatives for older adults (Germany)
- Study visit n°3: Friendship club and Nestor psychogeriatric association (Greece) - see Newsletter December 2014 below.
- Study visit n°4: Ministry of Social Affairs and Alzheimer center (Poland) - see Newsletter April 2015 below
- Study visit n°5: Hoogeweyk dementia village in the Netherlands - see Newsletter April 2015 below
- Study visit n°6: Initiatives in Slough - see Newsletter July 2015 below
You can follow the activities on the 'events' webpage.